NSAC can’t run by itself! Behind the successful front of the Best Club in the South West is a team of individuals who freely give some of their time to the ‘behind-the-scenes’ ‘cog-whirring’ of the club. This page? Someone created it! That article in the newspaper? Someone wrote it! That cheque you wrote for your Athletes affiliation fee? Someone cashed it, and someone else is keeping a watchful eye on all the Club’s finance, keeping it all in check.
What Does Volunteering for the Club mean?
Volunteering in the club does not necessarily mean becoming a qualified Coach or an Official. To maintain our success, we need people who can work with people, who might have a flair for words or numbers, or are just very organised!
Volunteering in the club does not mean you have to give up every single second of your spare time to the Athletics Club. Many of the helping hands we require can be as little as an hour or two, on an ad-hoc basis, or one month of lots of help (i.e. affiliation month!) and eleven months of nothing! There is no ‘standard’ amount of time you have to commit. Anything you are willing to give will always be gratefully received, and is one hour less one of our incredibly dedicated team of people has to give up!
Volunteering for the club does mean that you put your hand up, whenever you have time and are comfortable to do so, and step in to join this highly successful team make things a little bit better in the club.
If you have some time, some relevant skills, and a desire to help us ‘evolve’, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Examples of What We Currently Need!
The below ‘roles’ are not currently being covered by an individual/ a group of individuals specifically.
Please note that although these tasks are broadly sorted into ‘roles’, we will always freely accept a keen individual who only wants to be responsible for some aspects of a role and not the whole thing!!
|1. REPORTS TO LOCAL PRESS
2. LIAISES WITH VARIOUS PEOPLE FOR RESULTS, PHOTOS, FIXTURES
|VOLUNTEER CO-ORDINATOR – OFFICIAL EVENTS|
|1. ENSURES NSAC HAVE ENOUGH SUPPORT AT EVENTS (EG TEAM MANAGERS, OFFICIALS ETC)
2. LIAISES WITH TEAM MANAGERS, PARENTS ETC
|VOLUNTEER CO-ORDINATOR – IN-HOUSE EVENTS (XC RELAY PLUS T&F SPORTS DAY)|
|1. ENSURES NSAC HAVE ENOUGH HELP AT IN-HOUSE EVENTS (MERCHANDISE SELLING, TIMEKEEPING, REGISTRATION, FIELD EVENTS, REFRESHMENTS ETC)|
|1. SOURCING GRANTS/FUNDING, AND ARRANGING COMPLETION OF FORMS
2. DRIVING/SUPPORTING SPONSORSHIP EVENTS
3. SEEKING CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP, INCLUDING CREATION OF PORTFOLIO
|TRACK & FIELD CO-ORDINATOR/EVENT MANAGER|
|1. LOCATING DETAILS & CREATING SPREADSHEET OF NSAC OFFICIAL EVENTS (AVON LEAGUE, YDL, CHAMPIONSHIPS ETC
2. LOCATING DETAILS & CREATING SPREADSHEET OF OPEN EVENTS ACROSS THE REGION, TO GIVE ALL ATHLETES THE OPPORTUNITY OF COMPETITION
3. LIAISING WITH TEAM MANAGERS TO ENSURE TEAMS ARE FULL AND ORGANISED
4. LIAISING WITH LEAGUES (EG YDL) TO ENSURE TEAMS ARE REGISTERED
5. RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING NUMBERS, VESTS, PINS, FLAG, TENT ETC ARE AT VENUE
6. ASSISTS WITH CHANGES ON THE DAY, PLUS ANY PROBLEMS THAT MAY ARISE (EG ATHLETES NOT TURNING UP, REPLACING ATHLETES AT SHORT NOTICE DUE TO INJURY ETC)
7. ARRANGING PHOTOGRAPHS TO BE TAKEN, FOR USE ON WEBSITE/MEDIA/AWARDS EVENING
|SUPPORT COACHES – TRACK & FIELD SESSIONS|
|1. SUPPORTING LEAD COACH
2. ACTIVELY LOOKING TO IMPROVE THEIR COACHING SKILLS, EITHER BY READING, ATTENDING WORKSHOPS, COURSES OR COMBINATION OF THE ABOVE
3. HAVE UP-TO-DATE DBS (& IDEALLY FIRST AID)
|SUPPORT COACHES – ROAD RUNNING SESSIONS|
|1. SUPPORTING LEAD COACHES BY RUNNING WITH THE GROUP, ADVISING AND ENCOURAGING ATHLETES AS NECESSARY
2. HAVE UP-TO-DATE DBS (& IDEALLY FIRST AID – BUT NOT COMPULSORY!)
|1. ATTENDING IN-HOUSE OFFICIALS COURSE
2. ATTENDING RELEVANT EA COURSE, IF RELEVANT