We hope you have had a nice summer and are looking forward to some sort of normality! Please read carefully as this contains important information relating to return to training.
We will return to training at Clevedon school on Saturday 5th September.
Please aim to arrive minimum 10 minutes before each session. Parents will need to bring athletes to the track area. Each athlete will need to sign in and use the hand sanitiser before starting their session.
As we do not have any access to the buildings (except one-way toilet area), so please ensure that your athlete is wearing clothing appropriate for the weather and that they bring a drink. If they have a yoga mat, or similar, please bring this along, when we do cool down it will be far nicer if they have something to lie on rather than just the grass (wet) or track. Ideally drinks etc should be brought in a bag so athletes are not picking up each other’s belongings.
We are always looking for parental support, and hope to have additional Coach/Ambassador support. Contact us if you are able to offer any help. We need as much support as possible in the current challenging environment.
Please can you log into your Club Buzz record and check that your address and contact details are correct – these must be accurate in case we need to update track and trace. By attending training you are giving us permission to provide the details to the relevant parties, should it become necessary. This is the link to the log on screen: https://nsac.clubbuzz.co.uk/login/
These are the details for our current practises for return to training. Should guidance be updated we will review the practises and let you know of any changes:
1) Do not attend if you/household member has (including within the past 14 days) any of the symptoms of coronavirus, as set out on the NHS Website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/, from time to time, including without limitation a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to sense of smell or taste. If anyone in your household is self-isolating please do not attend any sessions within North Somerset Athletic Club.
2) Athletes to report to ‘registration team’ on arrival, where they will be checked in. Athletes must sanitise their hands prior to entering training area. Please aim to arrive 10 minutes before session start time so we can get this organised efficiently.
3) Anyone not on the session register (not received ‘request’ from parents) will not be allowed to train. We need to have ‘perfect’ admin around training ‘just in case’.
4) Social distancing whenever possible (2m). Coaches will oversee this, but athletes also need to be aware/independently supporting. We will try to keep this as relaxed as possible
5) We will have wipes, sanitiser and sprays available for use whenever we/athletes feel it is needed during the session.
6) We will not be using equipment that may be shared/passed (throws, batons, etc).
7) We will not be carrying out ‘tag-like’ games.
8) Athletes not to touch anything that does not belong to them (eg drinks bottles).
9) Athletes not to touch equipment (hurdles, cones, fence, walls etc), and if they do then spray and wipe area/sanitise hands before continuing.
10) Maximum numbers at each session. We CANNOT accept any more than this at a single session due to current restrictions.
11) Athletes to sign out with ‘registration team’ where they will once again be given a squirt of sanitiser.
12) Anyone not adhering to these guidelines will be removed from training, if it continues we will have to review training for the athlete/s concerned.
We want everyone to be able to enjoy the return to training, things will be different and we ask you to bear with us as we adapt our usual training sessions to accommodate the current situation.
We have bought a large tub of sanitiser and each athlete must use this before and after the session – and during if necessary. Please can we ask the coaches and ambassadors to set the example so it all the athletes get into good habits.
Please let us know if you have any concerns or queries and look forward to seeing you in the next few days.