NORTH SOMERSET ATHLETIC CLUB AND ACADEMY CROSS- COUNTRY RELAY CHALLENGE 2015
WHAT IS THE CROSS-COUNTRY RELAY CHALLENGE?
Teams of four are required to complete a lap each of the course in a relay style. Ideally Athletes to be same-sex, same-age, but happy to accommodate mixed ages/teams to ensure everyone gets a run! This will be the 13th running of the event, and has proved extremely popular. Fancy dress, whilst not compulsory, is definitely expected!
Clevedon Secondary School – Saturday September 26th 2015 – 10.00am – 12.00pm
Cost £4 per athlete – Discounted price of £2 per athlete for current NSAC/NSAA Members
- Registration – 9.00am – 9.45am – Registration closes at 9.45am (No more entries)
- School Years 7-8 – 10.00am – 1200m each – 2 large laps of field (boys and girls race together)
- School Years 5-6 – 10.30am – 800m each – 1 large lap and 1 small lap of field (Separate boys and girls race if more than 10 teams enter)
- School Years 2-4 – 11.30am – 600m each – 1 large lap of field (Separate boys and girls race if more than 10 teams enter)
- Presentations – 12.00am
- Trophy for winning team in each category
- Medals for first three teams in each category
- Prize for fastest leg Athlete in each team
- Prize for best fancy dress team
- Prize for best team name
WHAT NEXT? (TEAMS)
Organise your team. Agree a team name, discuss fancy dress possibilities. Email your full team to email@example.com no later than Thursday September 24th 2015.
WHAT NEXT? (INDIVIDUALS)
At least half the athletes competing will not have full teams, and we will need to organise this for them. Many of these win medals, so definitely worth emailing for us to sort out a team for you (even if it’s on the day!) firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO CAN COMPETE?
Anyone from school year 2 -8 is welcome. Why not speak to friends in school, or from other sporting teams you are part of?
Whilst there will be some fantastic Athletes on show, this is designed as a fun event, and an introduction to Cross-Country for many. It is not meant to be a serious Championship event, so we request that all Athletes are supported ‘equally’. Walking, for some, will be inevitable. This is not an event to be worried about. Come along, smile and enjoy!
There will be a full range of teas, coffees, cakes and Club merchandise for sale. Please use this. All monies raised will go towards the ‘Back the Track’ appeal
Download the entry here form for full teams, or email to let us know you wish to compete but are unable to organise a team (we will sort teams for you)
Down load the application form here.