JANUARY 12TH 2016
Today is the formal launch date for the 2016 ’24 hour WSM Grand Pier Relay’, our fourth running.
For anyone who is new to NSAA/NSAC, we ran one in 2011 to raise money towards the facility (Phase 1 was completed at Clevedon School last summer). It proved so popular we returned in 2012, and again in 2014. Rather than organise lots of smaller fundraising events, we have decided to organise this ‘unique’ event every second year!
I have been in athletics for 25 years, and it is the best thing I have been involved in. All details are attached. Any queries, please speak to me or email me. Only too happy to fill in any gaps/concerns you may have to enable us to get as many athletes/families on the Pier as possible.
As the weeks go by we will drip feed more info (hopefully some GB athletes will attend, television etc), but for now all you need to do is;
- Decide you want to do it (why wouldn’t you?!)
- Speak to friends at NSAA/NSAC to organise a team. Any numbers you wish. If you can’t find anyone who wishes to attend, then let me know and we can sort it!
- Agree the time you would like to attend – An hour, or more if you wish!
- Once sorted, please email me with this information. This will enable me to piece the jigsaw together, and add your name to the official t-shirts – By 21st February
- Raise as much money as possible! £10 is minimum per athlete, £30 gets you the event t-shirt with all competitors names on etc
* Last time we had over 220 athletes take part over the 24 hours, would be great to get to 300. Only NSAA & NSAC Athletes please!